Last update: August 27, 2020.
Welcome to ECHO!
We’re honored that you’ve chosen to use our platform as your venue to share your voice and passion with the rest of the world.
What Information do we Collect?
We collect the information you provide us with when you create an account to use our service, in addition to information you share with us from third-party social network providers. We also collect technical and behavioral information about your use of our services. A more comprehensive guide on the various categories and sources of information is presented below:
Information You’ve Volunteered Yourself
When registering for our service, uploading your audio content to our platform, or contacting us directly, you provide us with some or all of the following information:
- Registration information: age, username and password, language and email
- Profile information: username name, social media account information, and profile picture
- User content: comments, likes, note taking, audio thumbnail, as well as audio content.
- Payment information: Credit/Debit card details or other third-party payment information (where required for payment-related purposes)
- Your opt-in choices and communication preferences
- Information to verify an account (typically conducted via email)
- Information you provide us with when contacting us.
- Information you share through participation in potential challenges, sweepstakes, or contests such as your gender, age, likeness, and preferences.
Information we obtain from other sources
We may also receive your information from other sources, such as:
Facebook and/or Google. if you choose to sign up or link up with our services through either your Facebook and/or Google, we may collect information from these social media services, including information relating to your use of our services in relation to Facebook and/or Google.
Third-Party Services. Similarly, we may also collect your information from third-party services, which include but are not limited to potential partners and analytics providers.
Fellow ECHO users. Other ECHO users may also choose to volunteer information about you when contacting us.
Information we Collect Automatically
Certain information (IP address, geolocation-related data, unique device identifiers, browsing and search history, and Cookies). are collected automatically when you use our services.
We collect information regarding your use of our services and other users’ audio content hosted on our platform. We will also associate your account’s information with any activities you perform across your various devices, including your email and phone number, that are related to our services.
We collect information about the device you use to access the Platform, including your IP address, unique device identifiers, operating system, and platform.
We collect information about your location, including location information based on your SIM card and/or IP address.
We collect and process information you provide in the context of posting comments, a core feature of our service. This includes the content of the information as well as its various participants. Other users will also be able to see your comments. We cannot guarantee what actions or responses other users will take in regards to your comments.
When you upload your audio content and thumbnail, you consequently also provide us with metadata related to said uploaded content. Metadata refers to aspects and information pertaining to the content that are not immediately evident to other users. The metadata can describe by whom, how, when the content was created, and your account name. Metadata will also include data that you chose to provide with your audio content such as keywords searches.
How we use Your Information
Your information is key to enabling us to improve our services, functionalities as well as Term of Services. We will also try to tailor our services to each and every single individual (such as your ad experience).
With the information we collect, we can:
- Gauge and potentially meet users’ demand for both current and potentially new products, services, platform functionality, support
- Improve internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey construction
- Customize the content you see when using our platform. For example, we may provide you with content that is similar to content that you liked or interacted with
- Send promotional materials from either ourselves or on behalf of our affiliates
- Conduct product development
- Measure and understand the effectiveness of your ad-related experience on our platform, and effectively provide a customized ad experience
- Support the social functions of the Platform so you and other users can connect to each other, as well as download, and interact with audio content posted by our users.
- Use audio content uploaded by users as part of our advertising and marketing campaigns to promote the Platform
- Understand how you use our service across various devices
- Help ourselves detect illegal activities across our platform.
- Interact with our users more effectively.
- Effectively enforce our terms of agreement and policies.
- Use said data for any other purposes we will disclose to you when we collect your information or require your consent.
Who we Share Your Information with and How we do So
To us, your trust is of the utmost importance. Hence, we want you to know when and with whom we may share your information with.
We may share your personal information (as listed above) above with our business partners to improve facets of our business performance. This could include but are not limited to research, payment processing and transaction fulfillment, database maintenance, administering contests and special offers, technology services, deliveries, email deployment, advertising, analytics, measurement, data storage and hosting, disaster recovery, search engine optimization, marketing, and data processing.
We may share your information with various affiliate of our corporate group.
In Connection with a Sale, Merger, or Other Business Transfer
We may share your information should we be met with the scenario of a substantial corporate transaction, which can include but are not limited to the sale of our website/platform, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
For Legal Reasons
We may also have to disclose your information in response to one of the following: subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims, or government inquiries, and in protection and defense of our own rights, interests, safety, and security of ECHO, our affiliates, users, as well as the public. Additional applicable laws may also apply.
With Your Consent
We may also share your information for other purposes, though plan to request your consent before doing so.
If you choose to use our platform’s community functions (commenting, liking, etc.), you should realize that any information you chose to release or share may be read, collected, and/or used by other users. We are not responsible for our users’ actions concerning this matter.
You may submit a request to access or delete the information we have collected about you by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or using our “Contact Us” page. Subject to proper verification, and a thorough review of applicable law, we will provide you an according response. We will not discriminate against any exercise of privacy rights that you have at your disposal.
- You can disable or adjust your Cookies setting by checking out your browser settings. Given the unique differences between each browser, we’d advise that you carefully read the instructions provided by your browser. Please note however that disabling the cookie (in particular disabling targeted advertisement) functions for our mobile app is an entirely different process. Cookie settings are primarily controlled through your device and mobile app settings. When deciding to refuse, disable or delete Cookies, please keep in mind that certain functions of our services may longer be available to you, given how a significant portion of our services are interlinked with your personal data.
- Your mobile device may also include features that would enable you to manually remove certain types of targeted advertising. On iOS devices, consider using "Limit Ad Tracking" and "Opt out of Interest-Based Ads" on Android devices.
- You can also unsubscribe from our subscription email, which will also contain ad, at any given time. Every subscription letter we send you should include an unsubscribe link as well.
- Subsequent to your account registration, you will be afforded to access, review and update personal information that you have provided us by logging in and using our various personal information setting features and functions.
Children (Particularly Users Under the Age of 13)
We take the privacy of users under the age of 13 very seriously. As mentioned in our Terms of Service, we encourage children under the age of 13 to only use our platform whilst being supervised by a parent or legal guardian. However, we recognize that in spite of this, it is reasonable to expect children under the age of 13 to still be able to access our platform by themselves.
We at ECHO, will only collect a very limited number of information from the aforementioned users. Information we collect include username, password and birthday. It is however very possible that by registering with ECHO, said users will automatically provide us with their device ID, IP address, web browser type and version, country-level location, audio content listened to, time in app and general usage data.
Should we become aware that personal data have been collected from a user under the age of 13 on our platform, we will immediately delete all related information, as well as suspend or terminate (see Terms of Services) the collector’s account immediately. Please assist us in this endeavor by contacting us at email@example.com or our “Contact Page” when you believe a user under the age of 13’s personal information have been compromised.
Any questions, comments and/or requests regarding this policy should be addressed to one of the following addresses:
- Mailing Address: TikTok Inc., Attn: TikTok Legal Department 10100 Venice Blvd, Suite 401, Culver City, CA 90232, USA
- Mailing Address: ECHO – Our Digital Home Co., Ltd. 229, st. 51. Sangkat BKK1, Kand Beoungkengkang, Phnom Penh 12302, Cambodia.
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ECHO’s “Contact Us” page (available on both our website and mobile app).